WordPress for Beginners: Create a Website Step by Step
Create websites and blogs with WordPress.
Setup dynamic blog sections organized by category.Update and edit existing WordPress websites.
- What is WordPress
- How to Get Your Own WordPress Website
- Let’s Begin Building Our Website!
- Pages & Navigation Menus
- Themes Introduction
- Quick Note: Classic Editor vs Default Editor
- Creating (and Formatting) Content in WordPress
- Subpages & Dropdown Menus
- Let’s Create a Photo Gallery Page
- Plugins Introduction
- Blog Posts & Categories
- Custom Homepage (Instead of Blog Listing)
- Blog Post Thumbnails and “Read More” Excerpt Links
- Comments Introduction
- Preventing SPAM Comments
- Let Visitors Comment with FaceBook & Twitter Accounts
- Widgets Introduction
- Let’s Create a Contact Page
- Saving Form Entries To The Database & Blocking SPAM
- User Accounts
- Settings (Permalinks & Pagination)
- Move Entire WordPress Site (Export / Import)
- Next Steps (Looking Forward)
The Complete WordPress Course
Whether you want to create websites without coding, or you need to learn WordPress so you can update existing websites at your job, we’ve got you covered.
In this brisk but thorough course we build a website together step-by-step and along the way you organically absorb and master WordPress. We are all about having you follow along with us and we always encourage experimentation over memorization. Our ultimate goal is to give you the “vocabulary of WordPress” so you can continue learning independently long after this course completes.
There is no prerequisite knowledge required and you do not need an existing website or web hosting account. You’ll be setup with a new free hosting account so you can begin learning WordPress immediately without needing to commit additional money for a dot com domain upfront.
Here’s a summary of what we cover:
- Asking and answering “What is WordPress?”
- Setting up a new WordPress site/project
- Creating pages
- Creating blog posts
- Customizing the colors & theme of your website
- Embedding YouTube videos into your website
- Setting up custom navigation menus
- Creating photo galleries
- Inviting friends / family / coworkers into your WordPress (multiple authors)
- Asking and answering “What is a plugin?” & “What is a widget?”
- Letting visitors of your blog posts comment via their Facebook / Twitter accounts
- Configuring an interactive “Contact Us” page
- Guarding ourselves from comment and contact-form SPAM
- Using a custom homepage instead of a generic “blog listing”
- Moving our website (exporting and importing) from one location (domain or host) to another
- This course is for anyone who wants to get started creating websites and/or blogs.
- No coding required.
- No prior experience required.